Our interpreter services are facilitated by our in-house South African Sign Language (SASL) interpreters to help you effectively communicate with Deaf staff, creating an extremely accessible work environment for all employees.
eDeaf offers an interpreter service retainer, which offers many benefits to a business:
- Adhoc visits from interpreters can be costly, and there is no guarantee of availability.
- Communication through an interpreter allows Deaf people to fully express themselves in their own language. This alleviates potential frustration and miscommunication in the workplace.
- Deaf staff can participate fully in important events such as training and team building.
- Ongoing, consistent and clear communication allows for deeper trust, higher staff retention, and better long-term relationships.
- Visits from an eDeaf interpreter can be planned in advance, enabling relevant parties to get the most out of a meeting.
- There is ongoing support from the eDeaf team.
Points to consider:
- Access to a South African Sign Language interpreter is a constitutional right of every Deaf person in this country.
- By having a monthly interpreter retainer with eDeaf, you guarantee this human right for your Deaf employees.
- eDeaf can customise an interpreter retainer agreement specific to your needs.
- Where possible, interpreter services should be requested 48 hours in advance as this allows for optimum preparation.
- Once the hours have been agreed upon, the retainer remains in place for a full calendar year. Hours can be adjusted.
Interpreters are neutral and unbiased, and are bound by a strict code of ethics and may not divulge any conversations that have taken place during an assignment.
Cnr. Smit Street
180 Steve Biko Road
52 Bella Rosa
067 202 0202
Erf 2121, Office 3
50 Madeira Street